Check out this recent interview with martial arts expert & Canadian radio show host David Whitehead on the subject of psychic self defense! David is renown on Youtube for his fascinating discussions on topics such as martial arts, philosophy, metaphysics, holistic healing, occult history, extraterrestrials and much more.
All this Retrograde energy (Mercury, Mars, Saturn, and Pluto are Retrograde with Jupiter – the planet of higher learning and philosophy stationing Direct) that we’re moving through can increase feelings of mental and emotional vulnerability so the info in this video can help immensely.
a few key points discussed in this interview:
- why morality is so “un-cool” and victimhood is a cultural habit
- methods of psychic protection from a martial arts perspective
- the nature of Truth, as we define it
- respecting our elders as keepers of wisdom
- reconnecting with the restorative powers of nature
In our modern age vampires do exist. They may not drink blood or sleep in coffins, but after just a little while of being in their presence a significant drop in energy is definitely noticed. Symptoms and levels of psychic vampirism can range from mild to severe. Left unchecked, relationships to psychic vampires can lead to extreme illness and psychological distress. Being a vampire or a victim of one has nothing to do with ethnicity, class, or gender. It can occasionally relate to ones religious practices if those are invasive.
Vampirism in action frequently goes unnoticed to untrained eyes. Rather than sinking their teeth into a neck, a psychic vampire will often aim for another’s solar plexus or sacral chakra (the energy vortex around the navel), where great quantities of emotional and psychic energy tend to be stored. Sometimes they will energetically attach their own mind-stream to another’ in order to dominate and influence it. It is possible for them to attach to virtually any chakra or hole in one’s aura (an area where one is weak or vulnerable). Furthermore, the person who is doing the draining may or may not even be aware of his or her habits.
One of the most common ways that people can energetically drain others is by preying on their sympathy and empathy. That person might have a specific type of pain, whether physical or emotional that they never stop talking about or they may tell you things about themselves that you wish you hadn’t heard, because they are seeking not only for your pity but your vital energy. The more frequent, urgent and disruptive their manner of dumping their issues onto you the more obvious it should become what’s going on. Recognize that you will not be able to truly help that person because their need for your energy is as vast as a bottomless pit, which is pitiful indeed.
Forms of psychic vampirism:
- excessive talking (the chatterbox who just doesn’t seem to know when to quit)
- staring and glaring
- constant complaining/need for sympathy
- constant button-pushing through debate (the person who says something contrary to everything you say or do just to get a rise out of you – gives them something to “hook” into)
- verbal attacks
- flattery, bragging, or claims such as “I have something you need”
- sexual manipulation and “games” without the other person’s consent
- excessive body odors when bathing is an option, colognes or perfumes (it takes a lot of energy to ignore the effects that excessive odors and overly strong fragrances can cause, particularly in those with allergies or when the person touches, hugs or rubs against you and leaves their scent on your skin or clothing)
- gifts with “strings attached”
- physical assault, robbery, and rape (these can be the methods used to take psychic energy from others)
- drug and alcohol addictions and outbursts
- refusal to grant others privacy (those who either eavesdrop or engage in gossip are in essence psychically draining others and themselves simultaneously – that does not include instances where one happens to overhear or see something they did not choose to hear/see although that can cause stress also)
How to Spot a Psychic Vampire
Heavy feelings around certain people often indicate that something “sucky” is going on, regardless of whether or not they are doing any of the things listed above. If that person appears often in your mind’s eye in a way that is disturbing they could be tapping your energy field. A sun sign alone won’t give any clues to whether a person is vampiric but certain aspects and patterns within their birth charts can sometimes show such tendencies. Potentially any sign and any element can be used to manipulate and extract energy from others. Highly Lunar, Neptunian and Plutonian types and astrological influences can generate vampirism or cause suffering through others’ vampiric habits.
How the elements suck and drain energy:
(remember, a Sun sign alone will not indicate these tendencies)
- Unbalanced Earth types (corresponding to the signs Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) can inhibit vampirism through uninvited physical touch, abuse of authority, sitting too close, nit-picking, withholding money or sex.
- Unbalanced Air types (corresponding to the signs Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) are the ones most likely to drain others through excessive talking of some kind, or asking too many questions such as through interrogation.
- Unbalanced Fire types (corresponding to the signs Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) can exhaust people with their devil-may-care attitudes, “playing with fire” so to speak in their affairs, and with their explosive tempers.
- Unbalanced Water types (corresponding to the signs Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) sap others energy through whining, criticism, seeking attention through the manifestation of illness and physical symptoms – which is not to say that someone is a psychic vampire just because they are ill.
One must be careful not to project their own issues onto another and assume they are a psychic vampire just because they occasionally feel tired after spending time with them. If repeated exposure to that person or group of people winds up in energy drain it would be fair to assume that it is an unhealthy connection.
Psychic Self Defense:
- First and foremost, if you spot a psychic vampire, avoid giving them time of day if that is possible (that is trickier to do if they are a close relative that lives in your vicinity, so finding the most tactful way to avoid over-involvement and getting drawn into their drama is key)
- Taking good care of oneself physically and emotionally is one of the most practical and effective ways to prevent energy drainage from others and in general.
- The old time remedy of Garlic probably won’t help fend off psychic vampires unless they hate the smell, but the use of herbs like Sage and Mugwort may help when burnt or worn before and after encounters.
- Tourmaline in a variety of colors helps to deflect negative energy and Opals help to amplify your own energy field, making it harder for other entities to tap. Amethyst is a protective crystal to hold or place in ones environment.
- Salt baths can help to wash away the stresses of the day and to discourage entities from approaching you while in one of your most openly psychic times – during sleep.
- Humor – psychic vampires absolutely loathe not being taken seriously! It diminishes their powers and abilities to drain.
- A positive attitude along with a daily meditation practice can considerably strengthen ones energy field making psychic attacks and drainage less frequent and easier to recover from if and when it happens.
Psychic vampirism does not necessarily come directly from human or alive beings in the typical sense. It can come through deceased entities and via brainwashing commercialism on the internet or television set. Sometimes, you just have to know when to walk away, shake it off, or unplug!
Energy drains happen to the so-called best of us occasionally but if you find yourself troubled when this happens to you, refuse to be another person’s filling station, and don’t let a bite become infected. Forgive yourself for the experience, get clear on why it happened, and move on, for everyone’s own good.